Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2007 question?

Are there any compatibility issues when transitioning from Excel 2002 to
Excel 2007? I just bought 2007 but haven't installed it yet. I'll assume that
all of my worksheets and formulas will work just the same? I'll also assume
that if I send a 2007 spreadsheet to someone with an earlier version of
Excel, that they will be able to open the file without issue?

Btw, thought I also heard tht Excel 2007 has some incredible new functions,
bells and whistles whcih include the ability to incorporate formulas that can
also perform "countif" functons based upon color. That would be kewl. Does
Excel 2007 also allow logic formulas to be written which "change" the color
of the font when certain parameters are met? For example, when the EDATE
function is employed, can logic be writen to change the color of the font in
a particular row from black to red, once the applicable date has elapsed. For
example if a formula is placed in cell AA3, can that formula include logic to
change the font from black to red once the 3 month date elapses?

IF(A1="","",EDATE(A1,3)

or........

=countif (a formula which only counts certain color fonts or cell shades?)

Can't wait to install Excel 2007!

Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Dan

If you save the files in 2007 in the new formats of 2007 you can't open the file in 2002.
You have two options

1) install the converter

2) save the file in the 97-2003 format

This are the new functions

IFERROR Returns a value you specify if a formula evaluates to an error; otherwise, returns the result of the formula
SUMIFS Adds the cells in a range that meet multiple criteria
AVERAGEIF Returns the average (arithmetic mean) of all the cells in a range that meet a given criteria.
AVERAGEIFS Returns the average (arithmetic mean) of all cells that meet multiple criteria.
COUNTIFS Counts the number of cells within a range that meet multiple criteria

Cube functions

CUBEKPIMEMBER Returns a key performance indicator (KPI) property and displays the KPI name in the cell.
CUBEMEMBER Returns a member or tuple from the cube. Use to validate that the member or tuple exists in the cube.
CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY Returns the value of a member property from the cube.
CUBERANKEDMEMBER Returns the nth, or ranked, member in a set.
CUBESET Defines a calculated set of members or tuples by sending a set expression to the cube on the server, which creates the set,
and then returns that set to Microsoft Office Excel.
CUBESETCOUNT Returns the number of items in a set.
CUBEVALUE Returns an aggregated value from the cube.

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Dan the Man" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To point out the obvious, if you use any of the new functions available in
Excel 2007 and want to pass that file to someone without 2007, those
functions won't work for them. If you save the file in 97-2003 format, then
you'll be warned of the incompatibilities when you do the save.

There are also some incompatibilities within macro code. There are some new
parameters for some functions that don't exist in earlier versions, and that
would make the code unusable in the earlier versions without modification.
Not a lot of that, but some. We've seen this type of thing during
transitions between other versions in the past, so it's not like this is
something unique to 2007.

"Dan the Man" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are there any compatibility issues ...
For example, when the EDATE ...

Note that EDATE is now a built-in function, and not an Add-Inn. Yeah!!

Can't wait to install Excel 2007!

You are going to love the productivity improvements. :O
What took 0.3 seconds in earlier versions is now done like this.
When you need something, Click on each menu item in sequence...
<Home <Insert <PageLayout <Formulas <Data <Review <View <Developer

Can't find it! Do again...

<Home <Insert <PageLayout <Formulas <Data <Review <View <Developer

Repeat ad nauseam.

Hmmm. Still Can't find it.

No try the dreaded help file.
I have about a 20% chance of finding it here.
In vba help, the helpful Properties & Methods were remove.
etc, etc, etc.

Some friends entering College are not going to use office 2007 because of
this huge time waste.

Good luck, and have fun!!!
--
Dana DeLouis

"Dan the Man" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps these links will help take some of the frustration out of future
attempts to find that long-lost command that you need so desperately before
next class:

On-Line interactive reference guide:

Excel 2007 file with maps (think Collosal Cave)
Link at the bottom of the page to actual 'map' file:
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...1 00860481033

Like it or not, unless there's a massive resistance to it, the 2007 ribbon
is going to be the tool of use for some time to come. How soon you adopt it
is a personal (and often a business choice - that loss of productivity issue
while overcoming a pretty steep learning curve) choice. I do know of at
least one laboratory that has moved back out of 2007 into 2003 because of
graphing/charting issues with the current graphics engine.