Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tjb tjb is offline

Default how to identify unique list of 200 random entries from a list of 3

How do I get a list of 200 unique random entries from a list of 3100 unique
entries?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In a helper column next to your entries, enter =Rand() and fill down. Then
sort by the random column and take the top 200.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"tjb" wrote in message
How do I get a list of 200 unique random entries from a list of 3100
unique
entries?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

the simplest way is to use a helper column next to the data set, enter =rand()
and paste to the bottom of the data.
you can either sort the two columns beased on the helper column and use just
the top 200 values

"tjb" wrote:

How do I get a list of 200 unique random entries from a list of 3100 unique
entries?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

I suggest to use my UDF UniqRandInt: