-   -   how to identify unique list of 200 random entries from a list of 3 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/149124-how-identify-unique-list-200-random-entries-list-3-a.html)

tjb

how to identify unique list of 200 random entries from a list of 3

How do I get a list of 200 unique random entries from a list of 3100 unique
entries?

L. Howard Kittle

how to identify unique list of 200 random entries from a list of 3

In a helper column next to your entries, enter =Rand() and fill down. Then
sort by the random column and take the top 200.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"tjb" wrote in message
How do I get a list of 200 unique random entries from a list of 3100
unique
entries?

bj

how to identify unique list of 200 random entries from a list of 3

the simplest way is to use a helper column next to the data set, enter =rand()
and paste to the bottom of the data.
you can either sort the two columns beased on the helper column and use just
the top 200 values

"tjb" wrote:

How do I get a list of 200 unique random entries from a list of 3100 unique
entries?

Bernd P

how to identify unique list of 200 random entries from a list of 3

Hello,

I suggest to use my UDF UniqRandInt:
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/uniqrandint.html

Regards,