Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Changing worksheet direction

After new install of Office 2000 , the working sheet starts on the left side
, (column A on the left) and I do not have the option to change it to start
from right (column A to start from the right )
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try:-

Tools|options|international - Right to left

Mike

"berber" wrote:

After new install of Office 2000 , the working sheet starts on the left side
, (column A on the left) and I do not have the option to change it to start
from right (column A to start from the right )

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your quick respond.
I have not "International" tab .
Yet , in the Personal adaptation , I see the Icons (left to right and right
to left)
but cant place them on toolbar .
Once a friend repaired that through the registry , but dont remember how .

"berber" wrote:

After new install of Office 2000 , the working sheet starts on the left side
, (column A on the left) and I do not have the option to change it to start
from right (column A to start from the right )

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't think Excel 2000 had this feature available.

What is "Personal Adaptation" in English?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"berber" wrote:

After new install of Office 2000 , the working sheet starts on the left side
, (column A on the left) and I do not have the option to change it to start
from right (column A to start from the right )

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Personal adaptation means adapting your toolbar with additional buttons .
I had this option of leftside\rightside worksheet before on this computer,
and still have it on others with win2k and xp as well.
Removing Office and reinstall does not help .
The required values change in the registry - solved that, but I cant
remember them.

"berber" wrote:

After new install of Office 2000 , the working sheet starts on the left side
, (column A on the left) and I do not have the option to change it to start
from right (column A to start from the right )

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In Excel 2003 under ToolsCustomizeCommandsFormat I can find a toggle button
for "Sheet Left to Right"

Where that would be in Excel 2000 is a mystery to me since I skipped 2000 and
went from 97 to 2002.

Sorry I can't give any more help than this.

Gord

"berber" wrote:

After new install of Office 2000 , the working sheet starts on the left side
, (column A on the left) and I do not have the option to change it to start
from right (column A to start from the right )

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

From my XL2000 help file...

"To enable the right-to-left features in Microsoft Excel,
you must be running a 32-bit Microsoft Windows operating system
that has right-to-left support - for example, the Arabic version of Microsoft Windows 95.
Excel 2000 provides full forward compatibility for workbooks
that were saved in all previous versions of Microsoft Excel and
Microsoft Excel with right-to-left support;
however, workbooks that are saved in Excel 2000 file format are not compatible
with any previous versions of Microsoft Excel."

From the Windows XP help file...

"To install complex script and right-to-left language files
Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
On the Languages tab, under Supplemental language support,
select the Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages check box.
Click OK or Apply.
After the files are installed, you must restart your computer.
Notes
To open Regional and Language Options, click Start, click Control Panel,
and then double-click Regional and Language Options.
You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group
in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network,
network policy settings might also prevent you from completing this procedure.
The complex script and right-to-left languages include
Arabic, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, the Indic languages, Thai, and Vietnamese.
The files for most other languages are installed on your computer automatically by Windows.
It is recommended that you install these files only if you are going to be entering
or receiving text in one or more of these languages.
Installing the language files may slow down your computer's performance slightly.
Once you install the language files, you must add the individual languages
for which you want to enter and display text.
Once you add a language, the language is loaded into memory every time you start your computer.
For more information, click Related Topics.
To remove the complex script and right-to-left language files,
clear the check box, and then click OK or Apply."
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

wrote:
Personal adaptation means adapting your toolbar with additional buttons .
I had this option of leftside\rightside worksheet before on this computer,
and still have it on others with win2k and xp as well.
Removing Office and reinstall does not help .
The required values change in the registry - solved that, but I cant
remember them.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you all for your support .
The problem solved by changing value in the registry . I found my note .
I'll put it down here for the benefit of all .
The procedure is like that :
1. Run regedit and backup the registry on your desktop .
2. Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER and follow the path :
SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\9.O\COMMON\LANGUAGE RESOURCES
In Language Resources folder there are BLUE values .
The first is usually " Exemode "
3. Double click on the first BLUE value and change it's Value Data to : 40d
4. Do the same to all other BLUE values .
5. Close the Registry window .
Everything works fine now .

Just for info , the operating system is w2k (it works fine with xp also)
and it happened after new install of Office 2000 on formated hard disk .
New excel file did not respond to changing directions , nor other
excel files that was created with Office 2000 .
Languages support were installed during w2k installation .

"Jim Cone" wrote:

From my XL2000 help file...

"To enable the right-to-left features in Microsoft Excel,
you must be running a 32-bit Microsoft Windows operating system
that has right-to-left support - for example, the Arabic version of Microsoft Windows 95.
Excel 2000 provides full forward compatibility for workbooks
that were saved in all previous versions of Microsoft Excel and
Microsoft Excel with right-to-left support;
however, workbooks that are saved in Excel 2000 file format are not compatible
with any previous versions of Microsoft Excel."

From the Windows XP help file...