Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Choose from a list

Good Morning,

Other than using the validation method and producing a dropdown box, is
there any other methods available to show a list and allow a user to select
one (or more) selections in a cell, while still displaying all of the choices
on the list?

Thanks

Fred
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Fred,
you can use an ActiveX combo-box or listbox on your sheet. If the
values to choose are in, say, H1:H10:

Right click on the menu area to display the Forms toolbar. Click combo
or listbox and draw on Excel.
Double-click the box to format. Use H1:H10 as Input Cells. Use another
cell (e.g. F1) as Cell Link. The combo box will not put one of the
values of H1:H10 in F1, but the ordinal number (1-10).

Your output is computed with the formula:

=INDEX(H1:H10,F1)

HTH
Kostis Vezerides