Sundus

Default I want to print out the sheet tabs (sheet names)

Dear Sirs,
I work daily on excel and lately I needed to view my sheet tabs all at once
so I wamted to print them out and I did not know how?
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

You can use an UDF. The one below returns tab name from tab's index (order
number)

---------
Public Function TabByIndex(TabIndex As Integer) As String
Application.Volatile
TabByIndex = Sheets(TabIndex).Name
End Function
---------

P.e.
=TABBYINDEX(3) returns the name of 3th sheet in your workbook

Arvi Laanemets

"Sundus" wrote in message
Dear Sirs,
I work daily on excel and lately I needed to view my sheet tabs all at

once
so I wamted to print them out and I did not know how?

Don S

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:47:05 -0800, Sundus
wrote:

Dear Sirs,
I work daily on excel and lately I needed to view my sheet tabs all at once
so I wamted to print them out and I did not know how?

I use a Free utility from ASAP-Uitlities.com. They have a function
that will create an index sheet and even hyperlink to each one. You
could print that sheet, if you needed a hard copy.

Don S

Gord Dibben

Sundus

Private Sub ListSheets()
'list of sheet names starting at A1 on an inserted new sheet.
Dim Sh As Worksheet
Dim Rng As Range
Dim i As Integer
Worksheets.Add
Set Rng = Range("A1")
For Each Sh In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
Rng.Offset(i, 0).Value = Sh.Name
i = i + 1
Next Sh
End Sub

If not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for more on
"getting started".

In the meantime..........

First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + R to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and InsertModule. Paste the code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

The macro can be assigned to a button or shortcut-key combo.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP