Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking Between Sheets and #Value! Error

Hi,

I am linking info from one cell in one worksheet to another cell in a second
worksheet in the same workbook. This particular field is a phone number and
has been formatted on the first sheet as such. The phone number has been
filled out on the first sheet and when I link it to the second sheet I get
the #Value! Error. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is. Other
links between the 2 are working fine.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here is the formula to link the one sheet into the second sheet and the cells
to copy. ='Project Prioritization Form'!D28:G28 I have done this many many
times but for some reason this isn't working when others are. As I stated
the text in the cells I am wanting to link to the second sheet is a date.

"Melanie" wrote in message

I am linking info from one cell in one worksheet to another cell in a
second
worksheet in the same workbook. This particular field is a phone number
and
has been formatted on the first sheet as such. The phone number has been
filled out on the first sheet and when I link it to the second sheet I get
the #Value! Error. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is.
Other
links between the 2 are working fine.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Actually it is possible, if you select four cells across (or four cells down
and use TRANSPOSE) and array enter the formula it will work but I doubt it
was that the OP had in mind

Peo Sjoblom

"Melanie" wrote in message

I am linking info from one cell in one worksheet to another cell in a
second
worksheet in the same workbook. This particular field is a phone
number
and
has been formatted on the first sheet as such. The phone number has
been
filled out on the first sheet and when I link it to the second sheet I
get
the #Value! Error. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is.
Other
links between the 2 are working fine.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try to trim the data, sometimes one set of data has a couple of spaces at
the end, the formulas read these spaces and wont make a match.

select a clean cell, type =Trim(select cell with number), once trimed you
will need to paste the data without the formula:

Copy
Paste special
Values

Sassy