Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking a name across 30 sheets.

Hi,
I have a problem, I have a workbook with 30 sheets, I have a carryover
sheet which has a persons name in the cell. I was hoping that if you
changed that persons name on the carryover sheet it would update all
30 sheets where the name is placed. It wont update, any ideas what
could be wrong I am using Excell 2003.

I had copied the cell from the carryover sheet and pasted the link
into each of the 30 sheets.

this is what is paste linked into all 30 sheets =CarryOver!$H$17

I have absolutely no idea what I have doen wrong !!!!

Regards Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Feb 17, 8:55 pm, "pano" wrote:
Hi,
I have a problem, I have a workbook with 30 sheets, I have a carryover
sheet which has a persons name in the cell. I was hoping that if you
changed that persons name on the carryover sheet it would update all
30 sheets where the name is placed. It wont update, any ideas what
could be wrong I am using Excell 2003.

I had copied the cell from the carryover sheet and pasted the link
into each of the 30 sheets.

this is what is paste linked into all 30 sheets =CarryOver!$H$17

I have absolutely no idea what I have doen wrong !!!!

Regards Stephen

Ok I found it in the archives,lot of reading to find it, so If any one
else has the same problem with internal links not updating in the
workbook

CTRL-ALT-F9
will fix the problem

From reading excel's auto recalculation just seems to go to sleep and

needs a wakeup.......

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

check in the tools menu undr options. check the calculation options. It
should be set to automatic. You can try pressing the F9 key to which will
manually update the worksheets.

"pano" wrote:

On Feb 17, 8:55 pm, "pano" wrote:
Hi,
I have a problem, I have a workbook with 30 sheets, I have a carryover
sheet which has a persons name in the cell. I was hoping that if you
changed that persons name on the carryover sheet it would update all
30 sheets where the name is placed. It wont update, any ideas what
could be wrong I am using Excell 2003.

I had copied the cell from the carryover sheet and pasted the link
into each of the 30 sheets.

this is what is paste linked into all 30 sheets =CarryOver!$H$17

I have absolutely no idea what I have doen wrong !!!!

Regards Stephen

Ok I found it in the archives,lot of reading to find it, so If any one
else has the same problem with internal links not updating in the
workbook

CTRL-ALT-F9
will fix the problem

From reading excel's auto recalculation just seems to go to sleep and

needs a wakeup.......

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"pano" wrote:
On Feb 17, 8:55 pm, "pano" wrote:
Hi,
I have a problem, I have a workbook with 30 sheets, I have a carryover
sheet which has a persons name in the cell. I was hoping that if you
changed that persons name on the carryover sheet it would update all
30 sheets where the name is placed. It wont update, any ideas what
could be wrong I am using Excell 2003.

I had copied the cell from the carryover sheet and pasted the link
into each of the 30 sheets.

this is what is paste linked into all 30 sheets =CarryOver!$H$17

I have absolutely no idea what I have doen wrong !!!!

Regards Stephen

Ok I found it in the archives,lot of reading to find it, so If any one
else has the same problem with internal links not updating in the
workbook

CTRL-ALT-F9
will fix the problem

From reading excel's auto recalculation just seems to go to sleep and

needs a wakeup.......- Hide quoted text -

Joel I have tried that and it is set to auto and I have pressed F9, it
dont work the only way to get the links updating again was the CTRL -
ALT-F9 trick and now the links are all working again.... funny thing
isn't it.....

steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"pano" wrote:
On Feb 17, 8:55 pm, "pano" wrote:
Hi,
I have a problem, I have a workbook with 30 sheets, I have a carryover
sheet which has a persons name in the cell. I was hoping that if you
changed that persons name on the carryover sheet it would update all
30 sheets where the name is placed. It wont update, any ideas what
could be wrong I am using Excell 2003.

I had copied the cell from the carryover sheet and pasted the link
into each of the 30 sheets.

this is what is paste linked into all 30 sheets =CarryOver!$H$17

I have absolutely no idea what I have doen wrong !!!!

Regards Stephen

Ok I found it in the archives,lot of reading to find it, so If any one
else has the same problem with internal links not updating in the
workbook

CTRL-ALT-F9
will fix the problem

From reading excel's auto recalculation just seems to go to sleep and
needs a wakeup.......- Hide quoted text -

Joel I have tried that and it is set to auto and I have pressed F9, it
dont work the only way to get the links updating again was the CTRL -
ALT-F9 trick and now the links are all working again.... funny thing
isn't it.....

steve

I recently searched the help site on this very same problem. Thank you for the CTRL-ALT-F9 trick! I had also tried just F9 and was getting pretty frustrated. I think it saved me a few grey hairs.

Chelle