Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default non-availability of Microsoft Community Newsgroups

Following a dialogue with Microsoft re the problem with the Discussion
groups, I received the following from Microsoft:

"Hello,

We have investigated the issue and we have discovered a bug which has been
opened with the WebNews team and they are currently working on the issue.
Please access the web site on a later time."

I hope I am not premature in hoping that the Discussions NGs will be back in
service in the not too distant future!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

And in the meantime I hope that users have learned that they can access the
newsgroups either directly via a news server
(such as
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...eet.functions), or
via the Google archive
(http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...ctions/topics).
--
David Biddulph

"toppers" wrote in message
Following a dialogue with Microsoft re the problem with the Discussion
groups, I received the following from Microsoft:

"Hello,

We have investigated the issue and we have discovered a bug which has been
opened with the WebNews team and they are currently working on the issue.
Please access the web site on a later time."

I hope I am not premature in hoping that the Discussions NGs will be back
in
service in the not too distant future!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

i wouldn't be so quick to recommend google...........
i like it, but it's prone to <sometimes very annoying problems, too.
:)
susan

(http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...ksheet.fun...).
--
David Biddulph

"toppers" wrote in message

Following a dialogue with Microsoft re the problem with the Discussion
groups, I received the following from Microsoft:

"Hello,

We have investigated the issue and we have discovered a bug which has been
opened with the WebNews team and they are currently working on the issue.
Please access the web site on a later time."

I hope I am not premature in hoping that the Discussions NGs will be back
in
service in the not too distant future!- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, I agree that Google can be temperamental, and of course there are some
delays before messages get there. In general I use Google groups only for
archive search, and not as the prime means of accessing the group; for the
latter I use a news server, but one must remember that there are delays in
propgating messages from one server to another.
--
David Biddulph

oups.com...