Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculating percentages based on the number of checked boxes in a column

I have a column of check boxes which users will check off as they
complete associated tasks.

I want to record a percentage total at the bottom of the column which
reflects the proportion of tasks completed.

Eg if 4 out of the 8 boxes are checked then the "50%" will be
displayed in the relevant cell.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Gareth

When you tick the box, the cell you have associated to that box will be
set to TRUE.
So, if your tick boxes were in cells C1:C8 then
=COUNTIF(C1:C8,TRUE)/8
Format the cell with the formula as Percentage.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a column of check boxes which users will check off as they
complete associated tasks.

I want to record a percentage total at the bottom of the column which
reflects the proportion of tasks completed.

Eg if 4 out of the 8 boxes are checked then the "50%" will be
displayed in the relevant cell.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 6, 11:23 am, "Roger Govier"
wrote:
Hi Gareth

When you tick the box, the cell you have associated to that box will be
set to TRUE.
So, if your tick boxes were in cells C1:C8 then
=COUNTIF(C1:C8,TRUE)/8
Format the cell with the formula as Percentage.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message

oups.com...

I have a column of check boxes which users will check off as they
complete associated tasks.

I want to record a percentage total at the bottom of the column which
reflects the proportion of tasks completed.

Eg if 4 out of the 8 boxes are checked then the "50%" will be
displayed in the relevant cell.

Thanks

That's great, many thanks Roger.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 6, 11:35 am, wrote:
On Jun 6, 11:23 am, "Roger Govier"
wrote:

Hi Gareth

When you tick the box, the cell you have associated to that box will be
set to TRUE.
So, if your tick boxes were in cells C1:C8 then
=COUNTIF(C1:C8,TRUE)/8
Format the cell with the formula as Percentage.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message

roups.com...

I have a column of check boxes which users will check off as they
complete associated tasks.

I want to record a percentage total at the bottom of the column which
reflects the proportion of tasks completed.

Eg if 4 out of the 8 boxes are checked then the "50%" will be
displayed in the relevant cell.

Thanks

That's great, many thanks Roger.

Roger - slight problem with this, I don;t think I have associated the
boxes with the cells properly, as the percentage doesn't update when I
check the boxes.

I found some way of attaching it but every time I do this the word
TRUE or FALSE appears in the cell behind the box which I don't want.

How do I correct this?

Thanks
Gareth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 6, 2:02 pm, wrote:
On Jun 6, 11:35 am, wrote:

On Jun 6, 11:23 am, "Roger Govier"
wrote:

Hi Gareth

When you tick the box, the cell you have associated to that box will be
set to TRUE.
So, if your tick boxes were in cells C1:C8 then
=COUNTIF(C1:C8,TRUE)/8
Format the cell with the formula as Percentage.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message

roups.com...

I have a column of check boxes which users will check off as they
complete associated tasks.

I want to record a percentage total at the bottom of the column which
reflects the proportion of tasks completed.

Eg if 4 out of the 8 boxes are checked then the "50%" will be
displayed in the relevant cell.

Thanks

That's great, many thanks Roger.

Roger - slight problem with this, I don;t think I have associated the
boxes with the cells properly, as the percentage doesn't update when I
check the boxes.

I found some way of attaching it but every time I do this the word
TRUE or FALSE appears in the cell behind the box which I don't want.

How do I correct this?

Thanks
Gareth

Ctrl+Click to select rather than activate the control. Double-click
and in the Control tab of the dialog box set the proper Cell Link.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 6, 12:13 pm, vezerid wrote:
On Jun 6, 2:02 pm, wrote:

On Jun 6, 11:35 am, wrote:

On Jun 6, 11:23 am, "Roger Govier"
wrote:

Hi Gareth

When you tick the box, the cell you have associated to that box will be
set to TRUE.
So, if your tick boxes were in cells C1:C8 then
=COUNTIF(C1:C8,TRUE)/8
Format the cell with the formula as Percentage.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

Thanks Kostis, this will update the percentage but I still get the
word TRUE or FALSE appearing in the relevant cell - how do I get rid
of this?

Also, do I have to associate each box to its cell individually, or is
there a quicker way?

Thanks
Gareth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Gareth

To get rid of TRUE, set the cell font to be the same colour as the
background e.g. White on White
Unless you use some VBA code for creating the checkboxes, you will have
to set the linked cell for each one.
With only 8 checkboxes, the manual route is probably quickest.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 6, 12:13 pm, vezerid wrote:
On Jun 6, 2:02 pm, wrote:

On Jun 6, 11:35 am, wrote:

On Jun 6, 11:23 am, "Roger Govier"

wrote:

Hi Gareth

When you tick the box, the cell you have associated to that box
will be
set to TRUE.
So, if your tick boxes were in cells C1:C8 then
=COUNTIF(C1:C8,TRUE)/8
Format the cell with the formula as Percentage.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 6, 12:59 pm, "Roger Govier"
wrote:
Hi Gareth

To get rid of TRUE, set the cell font to be the same colour as the
background e.g. White on White
Unless you use some VBA code for creating the checkboxes, you will have
to set the linked cell for each one.
With only 8 checkboxes, the manual route is probably quickest.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jun 6, 12:13 pm, vezerid wrote:
On Jun 6, 2:02 pm, wrote:

On Jun 6, 11:35 am, wrote:

On Jun 6, 11:23 am, "Roger Govier"

wrote:

Hi Gareth

When you tick the box, the cell you have associated to that box
will be
set to TRUE.
So, if your tick boxes were in cells C1:C8 then
=COUNTIF(C1:C8,TRUE)/8
Format the cell with the formula as Percentage.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message

[...]