Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid vezerid is offline

Default Calculating percentages based on the number of checked boxes in a column

On Jun 6, 2:02 pm, wrote:
On Jun 6, 11:35 am, wrote:

On Jun 6, 11:23 am, "Roger Govier"
wrote:

Hi Gareth

When you tick the box, the cell you have associated to that box will be
set to TRUE.
So, if your tick boxes were in cells C1:C8 then
=COUNTIF(C1:C8,TRUE)/8
Format the cell with the formula as Percentage.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message

roups.com...

I have a column of check boxes which users will check off as they
complete associated tasks.

I want to record a percentage total at the bottom of the column which
reflects the proportion of tasks completed.

Eg if 4 out of the 8 boxes are checked then the "50%" will be
displayed in the relevant cell.

Thanks

That's great, many thanks Roger.

Roger - slight problem with this, I don;t think I have associated the
boxes with the cells properly, as the percentage doesn't update when I
check the boxes.

I found some way of attaching it but every time I do this the word
TRUE or FALSE appears in the cell behind the box which I don't want.

How do I correct this?

Thanks
Gareth

Ctrl+Click to select rather than activate the control. Double-click
and in the Control tab of the dialog box set the proper Cell Link.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides