Dena B

Default How do I Calculate Percentages for each number in a column?

I have one column with 20 numbers and then the SUM at the bottom, what i need
to do is in the column next to it, find the percentages of each number from
the SUM at the bottom.... is there a formula for that?
Dave O

If your 20 numbers occupy cells A1:A20 and your sum is in A21, the
formula in cell B1 is =A1/$A$21
Copy this formula for the remaining cells.

Dena B

Thank you soo much! I have been stuck here for an hour trying to figure it
out and nobody is around to help me, thank you thank you thank you!!!!

"Dave O" wrote:

If your 20 numbers occupy cells A1:A20 and your sum is in A21, the
formula in cell B1 is =A1/$A$21
Copy this formula for the remaining cells.

Dena B

Dave O, is there a formula to do the entire column at one time? or do i have
to do each cell one by one every time?

"Dave O" wrote:

If your 20 numbers occupy cells A1:A20 and your sum is in A21, the
formula in cell B1 is =A1/$A$21
Copy this formula for the remaining cells.

Dave O

Hi, Dena! Glad I was able to help!

In the earlier example we assumed your percentage formula is in cell
B1. From your note it sounds like you need to show that same
percentage for each of the twenty numbers in the column. One of
Excel's features is that you can copy cell B1 and paste it from B2 to
B20 and the cell references will change automatically for each cell-
except for the A21 reference, which we "locked" using the $ symbol.

Here's how to do it:
~ Right- click on cell B1, and select Copy
~ Left-click on cell B2 and drag down to cell B20: this highlights the
range
~ Right-click in the highlighted range and select Paste

You should now see that formula for each cell.