Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HYPERLINK() referring value from a cell does not change when cell

Hi,
I got a problem with Hyperlink function, and see if anyone knows how to fix
it:
My spreadsheet has 2 columns:

- Column A (from A2..A10 is the Parameter)
- Column B (from B2..B10) is expected to be a hyperlink to a predefined
webpage, that will accept the corresponding parameter from column A

Let's say:
- A2 = 12345
- A3 = 54321
- B2 = HYPERLINK("http://www.mysite.com/myscrip.cgi&Param=" & A2, "Link")
- Copy the formula downto B10

Everything is fine until he
- B2 will have the text "Link" which will bring me to my expected url:
http://www.mysite.com/myscrip.cgi&Param=12345
- And the same to B3 till B10

The problem happened when I modified column A to new values:
- Let's say, change A2 to 11111
- B2 will still say at the old url
(http://www.mysite.com/myscrip.cgi&Param=12345)
instead of changing the param to the new value

If I want the url to be updated, I had to remove the formula in B2 and enter
again.

Is there something that I can do to ask HYPERLINK to refresh its link?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hung I tried what you've described and the hyperlink function responds
immediately. So it's probably not the function itself but maybe the
setting of the spreadsheet. So I'd try changing your A2 cell again
and then hit the "F9" (Function 9) key. If your hyperlink changes,
then go into the Tools menu, then -Options then -Calculation tab and
select "automatic".

Michael