Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Referring to a hyperlink

I have a cell that has a hyperlink added to it via CTRL-K.

Is there a way for the hyperlink function to grab that info? As opposed
to having a path stored in a cell, I have a "friendly name" in there
with ctrl-k'd hyperlinks. I know how to use hyperlink if my target cell
contains a path name in clear text, just not the other way.

Hope I'm clear.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Take you hyperlink apart into two parts and then use the hyperlink() function:

First enter this tiny UDF:

Function hyp2(r As Range) As String
hyp2 = r.Hyperlinks(1).Address
End Function

This function will return the URL or target of the hyperlink.

If your hyperlink is in A1 then in B1 put =A1 gets you the friendly name
in C1 put =hyp2(A1) gets you the URL or target
in D1 put =HYPERLINK(C1,B1) this gives you the hyperlink as a function.
--
Gary's Student

" wrote:

I have a cell that has a hyperlink added to it via CTRL-K.

Is there a way for the hyperlink function to grab that info? As opposed
to having a path stored in a cell, I have a "friendly name" in there
with ctrl-k'd hyperlinks. I know how to use hyperlink if my target cell
contains a path name in clear text, just not the other way.

Hope I'm clear.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. Much to learn I have...