Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HYPERLINK() referring value from a cell does not change when cell

Hi,
I got a problem with Hyperlink function, and see if anyone knows how to fix
it:
My spreadsheet has 2 columns:

- Column A (from A2..A10 is the Parameter)
- Column B (from B2..B10) is expected to be a hyperlink to a predefined
webpage, that will accept the corresponding parameter from column A

Let's say:
- A2 = 12345
- A3 = 54321
- B2 = HYPERLINK("http://www.mysite.com/myscrip.cgi&Param=" & A2, "Link")
- Copy the formula downto B10

Everything is fine until he
- B2 will have the text "Link" which will bring me to my expected url:
http://www.mysite.com/myscrip.cgi&Param=12345
- And the same to B3 till B10

The problem happened when I modified column A to new values:
- Let's say, change A2 to 11111
- B2 will still say at the old url
(http://www.mysite.com/myscrip.cgi&Param=12345)
instead of changing the param to the new value

If I want the url to be updated, I had to remove the formula in B2 and enter
again.

Is there something that I can do to ask HYPERLINK to refresh its link?

Thanks