Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default my TEXT function won't work

I have a spreadsheet with columns of data. The data is extracted from a
string using either the MID or LEFT functions, and then I use the TEXT
function to make sure it is formatted as text.One column is surnames which I
need to sort alphabetically A .. Z. Instead of sorting all of the list
alphabetically it sorts most of it, then after Z it has another 20 or so
names starting again from A through to Z.

Am I doing something wrong ... why won't it sort the whole column of names!

.... Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First, check to make sure you included all the rows in the range to be sorted.

Then check to see if the values in those cells are what you expect. Maybe you
have extra spaces in the values that sort to the top????

--

Dave Peterson