Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default my TEXT function won't work

See one suggestion at your previous post...

In article ,
"Roger" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with columns of data. The data is extracted from a
string using either the MID or LEFT functions, and then I use the TEXT
function to make sure it is formatted as text.One column is surnames which I
need to sort alphabetically A .. Z. Instead of sorting all of the list
alphabetically it sorts most of it, then after Z it has another 20 or so
names starting again from A through to Z.

Am I doing something wrong ... why won't it sort the whole column of names!

... Roger