Chersie

Default Calculat years married or age of someone on today's date

I want a cell to give how old someone is or how long they have been married
today. It has to show that a child born on 2/20/2000 is 4 years old UNTIL
2/20/2005. That day, it would change to 5.

It seems that my calculations round up or something and therefore the
information is not accurate but shows them older earlier than their actual
birthdate. I am doing this as well for anniversaries, employment, etc.

Any info will be great appreciated!

Thanks,
Cheri
JE McGimpsey

one way:

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")

See

http://cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

In article ,
"Chersie" wrote:

I want a cell to give how old someone is or how long they have been married
today. It has to show that a child born on 2/20/2000 is 4 years old UNTIL
2/20/2005. That day, it would change to 5.

It seems that my calculations round up or something and therefore the
information is not accurate but shows them older earlier than their actual
birthdate. I am doing this as well for anniversaries, employment, etc.

Any info will be great appreciated!

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

=DATEDIF(StartDate,EndDate,"Y") does return the number of full years between
2 dates.
=DATEDIF(StartDate,EndDate,"YM") does return the number of full months over
full years.
=DATEDIF(StartDate,EndDate,"MD") does return the number of days over full
months.

Combined formula:
=TRIM(IF(DATEDIF(StartDate,EndDate,"Y")=0,"",DATED IF(StartDate,EndDate,"Y")
& " year" & IF(DATEDIF(StartDate,EndDate,"Y")=1,"s","")) &
IF(DATEDIF(StartDate,EndDate,"YM")=0,"", " " &
DATEDIF(StartDate,EndDate,"YM") & " month" &
IF(DATEDIF(StartDate,EndDate,"YM")=1,"s","")) &
IF(DATEDIF(StartDate,EndDate,"MD")=0,"", " " &
DATEDIF(StartDate,EndDate,"MD") & " day" &
IF(DATEDIF(StartDate,EndDate,"MD")=1,"s","")))

Arvi Laanemets