Jerry

Default Calculate Years of Service

I am trying to find a formula for determining years of service using a Hire
Date and then today's date without having another column for today's date. I
enter my hire dates as mm/dd/yyyy and what to display years of service only
(no months-days). How can I make that work?
Thanks,
Jerry
Ron de Bruin

Hi Jerry

Try
=DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"y")

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jerry" wrote in message ...
I am trying to find a formula for determining years of service using a Hire
Date and then today's date without having another column for today's date. I
enter my hire dates as mm/dd/yyyy and what to display years of service only
(no months-days). How can I make that work?
Thanks,
Jerry

Alan

I assume you want the figure by using only one cell. If an employee started
on the 19th of May 1978 try
=(TODAY()-DATE(1978,5,19))/365.25
Regards,
"Jerry" wrote in message
I am trying to find a formula for determining years of service using a Hire
Date and then today's date without having another column for today's date.
enter my hire dates as mm/dd/yyyy and what to display years of service
only
(no months-days). How can I make that work?
Thanks,
Jerry

Gilles Desjardins

Hi Jerry,
If you activate the Analysis ToolPak (tools, add-ins) you can get the
"NETWORKDAYS" function, which does not include the weekends or holidays(when
listed). This is normally done to figure out pentionable time by HR
personnel.

Gilles

"Jerry" wrote in message
I am trying to find a formula for determining years of service using a Hire
Date and then today's date without having another column for today's date.
enter my hire dates as mm/dd/yyyy and what to display years of service
only
(no months-days). How can I make that work?
Thanks,
Jerry

Myrna Larson

Just curious, but who calculates this in days? Where I worked (a university)
it was decimal years, i.e 5.03, 28.72, 30.15, etc.