Old May 19th 10, 07:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I make a drop down box visible within a worksheet?

Here is how you would create a dropdown that is visible in the sheet (like a
form used for expense claims - don't ask teckies how to do real work!).

- Click on the Windows button (top left corner)
- Click on "Excel Options" button near the bottom of the drop down menu.
- Click on the third check box (default unselected) "Always show developer
tab in ribbon", then click Okay (Might as well leave it on, useful if your
doing this often Jenny)
- Click on the "Developer" tab, the click on "Insert", and under "FORM
CONTROLS" (Not Active X)
- Click and drag the box to the desired size and location.
- Right click on the box, and select "Format Control"
- In the new pop-up box, enter the cell range in the "Input range" column.
(Just like in 2003), then click ok.

Hope this helps; Sad it took a Canadian accountant to figure this out!

Cheers.

Old July 12th 17, 01:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 2:46:01 AM UTC+5:30, skittles_golf wrote:
I have created several Drop Down boxes in a worksheet but I want to make them
visible so people know there is a drop down box there. Right now the arrow
doesn't show until you click on that cell. Please help I am not quite sure
how to format it so the drop down arrow stays.
--
Jenny

It's working