Old May 16th 08, 05:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I make a drop down box visible within a worksheet?

OK, explain to me how you would put a visible dropdown in cell A2, H10 and
I20
using autofilter? The OP said she put multiple dropdown boxes (using
datavalidation obviously)
You cannot use autofilter for this

Peo Sjoblom

"Bonnie" wrote in message
Yes i did and that wasn't the original post .. the original post was that
she
wanted the drop down box to be visible .. not just when she clicked on the
cell she was on. The combo box was an answer to it then someone asked
about
the combo box.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You might want to check out the original post before you post something

The OP asked

"How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007"

it has nothing to do with autofilter

Peo Sjoblom

"Bonnie" wrote in message
OMG is everyone kidding? all you have to do is click on the cell you
want
have the drop down box arrow appear then go to DATA on the menu
toolbar
and
click FILTER then Click AUTO FILTER thats it. also make sure u
highlight
the
information you want to appear in the drop down menu.

"sparrot" wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by "Put the range with your list in the
listfillrange and the cell you want to link to" I got to that part
and
am stumped.
Thanks

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Office button Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is
selected.
Click the Developer tab Controls Insert Combobox from the active
controls,
right click the drop down and select properties, in that pane that
opens.
Put the range with your list in the
listfillrange and the cell you want to link to. Click the design
mode
button
to get out
of design mode

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

--
Jenny

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't using datavalidation, you can if you use a combobox
from
the
control toolbox

Peo Sjoblom

"skittles_golf" wrote in message
I have created several Drop Down boxes in a worksheet but I want
make
them
visible so people know there is a drop down box there. Right
now
the
arrow
doesn't show until you click on that cell. Please help I am
not
quite
sure
how to format it so the drop down arrow stays.
--
Jenny

Old June 5th 08, 06:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L L is offline

How do I lock down the drop down list values so they don't change from the
control box when selecting an entry?

Your tip was spot on - big thxs

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Office button Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is selected.
Click the Developer tab Controls Insert Combobox from the active x

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't using datavalidation, you can if you use a combobox from the
control toolbox

Peo Sjoblom

I have created several Drop Down boxes in a worksheet but I want to make

Old June 26th 08, 05:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Finally- someone who knows what the hell they are saying! BIG thanks from SD

OMG is everyone kidding? all you have to do is click on the cell you want to

Old July 8th 08, 11:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ViewToolbarsControl Toolbox

Click on the "Design Mode" Icon and draw your Combobox.

Same instructions after that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old July 10th 08, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I remove names from a drop down box?

I'm using 2007 and it's not that easy for some crazy reason!
Old July 11th 08, 12:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Why not stick with original thread so's people can see what has been suggested
and tried?

Gord

Old July 14th 08, 05:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How Do I put items,(names)inside DV dropdown?

I'm starting over from scratch....

So How do I get my info inside the DV drop down list? If anyone knows
please give me step by step instructions.