Old October 30th 06, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I make JUST the header row always visible in Excel?

I'm trying to manipulate data in a very large spreadsheet and need to keep
just the header row visible at all times while scrolling. The freeze option
freezes too many rows at one time. Can I adjust that somehow to freeze one
row and one column?

Old October 30th 06, 06:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The rule for freezing rows and columns is...........

Rows and columns above and left of the selected cell will be frozen.

Select B2 then WindowFreeze Panes.

Row 1 and Column A will be frozen.

If you select A1 then the freeze line will be at mid-window.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP