-   -   How do I make JUST the header row always visible in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/116700-how-do-i-make-just-header-row-always-visible-excel.html)

t.261

How do I make JUST the header row always visible in Excel?

I'm trying to manipulate data in a very large spreadsheet and need to keep
just the header row visible at all times while scrolling. The freeze option
freezes too many rows at one time. Can I adjust that somehow to freeze one
row and one column?

PCLIVE

How do I make JUST the header row always visible in Excel?

Click on cell B2. Then Freeze Panes.

Regards,
Paul

"t.261" wrote in message
I'm trying to manipulate data in a very large spreadsheet and need to keep
just the header row visible at all times while scrolling. The freeze
option
freezes too many rows at one time. Can I adjust that somehow to freeze
one
row and one column?

Gord Dibben

How do I make JUST the header row always visible in Excel?

The rule for freezing rows and columns is...........

Rows and columns above and left of the selected cell will be frozen.

Select B2 then WindowFreeze Panes.

Row 1 and Column A will be frozen.

If you select A1 then the freeze line will be at mid-window.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP