Old April 25th 07, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I make a drop down box visible within a worksheet?

I have created several Drop Down boxes in a worksheet but I want to make them
visible so people know there is a drop down box there. Right now the arrow
doesn't show until you click on that cell. Please help I am not quite sure
how to format it so the drop down arrow stays.
--
Jenny

Old April 26th 07, 04:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Office button Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is selected.
Click the Developer tab Controls Insert Combobox from the active x
controls,
right click the drop down and select properties, in that pane that opens.
Put the range with your list in the
listfillrange and the cell you want to link to. Click the design mode button
to get out
of design mode

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

Old May 6th 08, 04:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the range is A2:A150 then type that in the listfillrange (click in the
box to the right of the word listfillrange
and type it there then close the properties window)

Peo Sjoblom

news

Old May 6th 08, 06:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Sparrot,

Why not add a comment to the appropriate cells and show the comment. Or you
could format the cells with a different color file or a border, then teach
your users what those formats mean. You could even conditional format the
cells to have a color until the user picks an entry from them.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

news

Old May 16th 08, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OMG is everyone kidding? all you have to do is click on the cell you want to
have the drop down box arrow appear then go to DATA on the menu toolbar and
click FILTER then Click AUTO FILTER thats it. also make sure u highlight the
information you want to appear in the drop down menu.

Old May 16th 08, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You might want to check out the original post before you post something

The OP asked

"How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007"

it has nothing to do with autofilter

Peo Sjoblom

Old May 16th 08, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes i did and that wasn't the original post .. the original post was that she
wanted the drop down box to be visible .. not just when she clicked on the
cell she was on. The combo box was an answer to it then someone asked about
the combo box.