Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default tab color change

I have a workbook with several sheets inside of it. I would like for the tab
color to automatically change color is a condition is met. For example if on
the sheet a cell has a drop down list and by choosing one of the selections
from the drop down menu would automatically change the color of the tab for
that sheet to red for example. If this is possible can you set different
colors for the drop down list? If you choose one selection it turns green
another selection yellow, etc..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You would need to do this in VBA, and then only in a version of XL that
supports colored tabs. XL 2000 and earlier do not support colored tabs.

See here for more info: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm

Scroll to the section "Changing the Colors of Worksheet Tabs" about 4/5 of
the way down.

Dave

"cac1966" wrote:

I have a workbook with several sheets inside of it. I would like for the tab
color to automatically change color is a condition is met. For example if on
the sheet a cell has a drop down list and by choosing one of the selections
from the drop down menu would automatically change the color of the tab for
that sheet to red for example. If this is possible can you set different
colors for the drop down list? If you choose one selection it turns green
another selection yellow, etc..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I read this section maybe I didnt fully understand it. It told me how to
change the colors of the tabs but I didnt see anything mentioned about
automatically changing color of tabs if a condition was met in a worksheet.
Any comments would be appreciated.