Old April 1st 07, 09:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default WHAT IS A DELIMITED LIST

I'm trying to create a drop down list in a cell, the data range consists of
multiple rows and multiple columns. I have others just like it working in the
same workbook but this time it's giving me an error stating:

"the source needs to be a delimited list or reference to a single row or
column".

I must be doing something wrong.

Old April 1st 07, 09:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you're creating a data validation list, you have to use a single row
or column, or a delimited list, which is a list separated by the
separator recognized on your system. For example:

Yes,No,Maybe

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Old April 1st 07, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A delimited list would be something like:

Brian,Jimmy,Ralph,Mary,Susan

This list of names is delimited by a comma.

But read that message again--you have to use a single row or a single column if
you want to use a range of cells.

Old April 1st 07, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't believe that you can do this. My data lists are always all in one
column...
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

Old April 1st 07, 10:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A delimited list is one that you manully type into the refedit. The items
are delimited by a comma:

Screencap: delimited list

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8...tedlistkz6.jpg

Screncap: range source

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4...esourcefn1.jpg

A range source must be a reference to a single row or column.

Biff