Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DP7 DP7 is offline

Default Dropdown box HELP

Is there any way for me to create a drop down box from a list of data in a
different work from the one the drop down box will be in???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

If you use defined/named ranges, you can.
Apply it in the DV with Allow: List, Source: =MyRange
where MyRange is a defined range
--
Max
Singapore
"DP7" wrote:
Is there any way for me to create a drop down box from a list of data in a
different work from the one the drop down box will be in???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DP7 DP7 is offline

Hi, I think I am applying your suggestion wrong. I name the range of cells in
one workbook. I then try to insert the range in the reference box of the list
options in the other woorbook and it still gives me the same error. Could u
please provide a little more detail that could help me along my way. Thanks
once again.

"DP7" wrote:
Is there any way for me to create a drop down box from a list of data in a
different work from the one the drop down box will be in???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

The former assumed you meant from other worksheets

For workbooks, try Debra's page at:
Excel -- Data Validation -- Use a List from Another Workbook