Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Combo Box in Excel 2oo3, functions missing!

In my Excel 2ooo Reference book for setting up a Combo Boxes is explained,
that selecting Format Control after rightclicking the box would show a
"Format Object" dialog box with five tabs, and from them, choosing "Control",
where one could enter Input range, cell link and number of Drop down lines.

My "Format Object" dialog box in Excel 2oo3 comes only with four tabs,
"Control" is missing!
Where do I enter now the Input range?

Furthermore, "Assign Macro" is also missing...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Start with a test workbook and add a combobox from the Control toolbox toolbar
and then add a dropdown from the Forms toolbar.

Rightclick on the combobox from the control toolbox toolbar and choose
properties. You'll see a lot more features that you can play with. The
dropdowns from the forms toolbar doesn't have this properties option.

And the comboboxes from the control toolbox toolbar can react to a lot more
events, too.

===
You may like the combobox from the control toolbox toolbar. They have a
Linkedcell and a Listfillrange that you use (and the linkedcell brings back the
actual value of the combobox--not an index).

But in my experience, if you don't need all the added features, the dropdowns
from the forms toolbar are better behaved.

--

Dave Peterson