Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula Help... almost done with this project

Thanks in advance I am almost done with this project and have one more thing
that I need help with.

I have a Workbook called Quote TemplateBeta ver2 within the workbook I
have multiple worksheets The first sheet Info Sheet contains various
information for pricing countertops. I enter the information and it populates
the various quote sheets that correspond to the appropriate type of job.

On the Info Sheet I have the following cells

B22 (Type of job)
E10 (Material)
E16 (Price Group)

And I have quote sheets (within the same workbook) that correspond to the
various types of Jobs (wholesale, retail) and material (Granite, Silestone)

For this example lets say I have entered the following

B22 Wholesale
E10 Granite
E16 B

I need a formula that will return the amount from the appropriate cell
within the Granite-Wholesale worksheet to the Info Sheet M14

E61 Total A
F61 Total B
G61 Total C
H61 Total D

I have 4 types of material and 3 different job types. I think I can modify
the formula once somebody gets me on the right track.

Thanks
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Max, Thanks for your response.

Could you elaborate on what you have done. I assume I need to add info
between the quotes but I am not sure what to enter where.

Basically I am trying to analyze 3 seperate cells to bring info from a 4th
cell (in a seperate worksheet)

Thanks for your help!

"Max" wrote:

Perhaps you're after something along these lines ..

In sheet: Info Sheet

Inputs
In E10: Granite
In B22: Wholesale

Then place in M14:
=IF(OR($E$10="",$B$22=""),"",INDEX(INDIRECT("'"&$E $10&"-"&$B$22&"'!E61:H61"),ROW(A1)))
Copy M14 down to M17. M14:M17 will retrieve whats within E61:H61 in sheet:
Granite-Wholesale.
--
Max
Singapore
"S Willingham" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Since it's a single cell formula in M14 (not to be filled down/across), think
we could safely remove all the dollar signs from the cell refs for E10, E16
and B22, viz just place in M14, array-entered:

=IF(OR(E10="",B22="",E16=""),"",INDEX(INDIRECT("'" &E10&"-"&B22&"'!E62:H62"),,MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(SEARCH(E16 ,INDIRECT("'"&E10&"-"&B22&"'!E61:H61"))),0)))