bach

Default Need a project.

Hi guys and girls,

Want to learn excel, but find the best way for myself to learn is to
develp an actual app for someone to use with all bells and etc on.
Does anyone have an idears.

Bach.

--
bach
bach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26134

Bob Phillips

A good one that often crops in these newsgroups is a timesheet.

It has many elements
- data - names and times
- multiple formulae, start end times, overtime, differing rates, pay rate
- presentation - using a good layout, appropriate use of colour
- maybe data validation to ensutre valid data
- maybe conditional formatting to highlight special points.

Should get you started.

--

HTH

RP

"bach" wrote in message

Hi guys and girls,

Want to learn excel, but find the best way for myself to learn is to
develp an actual app for someone to use with all bells and etc on.
Does anyone have an idears.

Bach.

--
bach
bach's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=400020

bach

Are there any examples.

just to get an idea.

--
bach
bach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26134
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=400020

Bob Phillips

Do a google search on Excel timesheets.

--

HTH

RP

"bach" wrote in message

Are there any examples.

just to get an idea.

--
bach
bach's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=400020

LurfysMa

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 05:53:18 -0500, bach
wrote:

Hi guys and girls,

Want to learn excel, but find the best way for myself to learn is to
develp an actual app for someone to use with all bells and etc on.
Does anyone have an idears.

Bach.

I need a business plan done. Are you a CPA? ;-)

--
Running Excel 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000

bach

I am a total beginner, I was looking for something to get into.

It seems that something has falling into my lap that looks quite
complex a lot of things can be done for it.

So i shal be posting loads.

First question

This project uses time can you enter time as 01:30 hours rather than
1.50 which seems to be done alot.

--
bach
bach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26134
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=400020

Bob Phillips

Yes you can enter time as 1:30. When entered as time, the value held is a
fraction of 1 day, that is 0.0625. If you want to see 1.5, multiply by 24.

You can add time as easily as adding numbers.

--

HTH

RP