Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default manipulating dates

How so I set up a spreadsheet or databse to recognize the text, weekly as 7
days monthly 30 and annual as 365 and then apply that to a current date to
see a future date? I have not been able to figure this out. thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If I understand correctly, you want to add 7 or 30 or 365 days to a current
date, based on the text in another cell. For instance,

A B C
3/14/2007 weekly 3/21/2007
3/14/2007 monthy 4/13/2007

There are other ways of doing this, but I would put a nested IF statement
into column C, such as:

=IF(B1="weekly",A1+7,IF(B1="monthly",A1+30,IF(B1=" annual",A1+365,"")))

Then copy C1 down to all your rows. Remember to format column C as a date.
I would also apply data validation to your column B so that the text is
always accurate.

Another option is to use a VLOOKUP which finds the text from column B in
another range somewhere and returns the value associated with it, such as:

weekly 7
monthy 30
annual 365

Then you'd again be adding that value to what was in column A.

HTH
"ghostinhawaii" wrote:

How so I set up a spreadsheet or databse to recognize the text, weekly as 7
days monthly 30 and annual as 365 and then apply that to a current date to
see a future date? I have not been able to figure this out. thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am not at all sure what you mean, but to see a future date in Excel, all
you have to do is add the number of days. No special setup needed. if cell
A1 contains the date 03/24/2007:
03/24/07 =A1+7 =A1+30 =A1+365
would result in:
3/24/2007 3/31/2007 4/23/2007 3/23/2008