Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arsenio Oloroso

Default Manipulating Cell Contents?

Can anyone help me with this problem?

I've imported data from a .pdf file into Excel. But some of the numbers
don't end up in the correct columns.

CARVER PRIMARY $3,547,3 03 $5,6
CASALS $4,406,4 52 $5,7
CASSELL $2,047,2 25 $6,7
CASTELLANOS $3,989,1 48 $5,0
CATHER $2,555,8 51 $6,4

In the third column, above, the two-digit numbers actually need to be
appended to the end of the numbers in column two. Is there a way I can cut
these numbers and move them over to the second column.

I suppose I could just type them in, but there are hundreds of these.

Any leads are much appreciated
OLY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul

assuming the data has come through in three columns,(say A,B,C) in cell D1
type
= B1&C1 or B1&" "&C1 if you want a space and copy down.Copy this row and
paste special as a value onto column B,delete column C(Make a copy of your
original file first)

--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!