Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why are the protection settings disappearing when I run my macro?

Hi. I've created several macros for my spreadsheet, which, with the help of
some of you, are running wonderfully! My problem is that my spreadsheet will
be used by multiple people and I need to protect them from themselves. I
have protected the worksheet and checked the boxes to allow them to format
only the unlocked cells. The problem is that after the macro(s) runs, the
boxes I checked when I protected the spreadsheet are no longer checked. I'm
not sure why this is happening and what I can do to stop it from happening?
Just in case you need to know... I'm using Excel 2003.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why are the protection settings disappearing when I run my mac

Actually Don, I got it to work. Just in case anyone else ever needs to know
this, I've included my macro below:

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True _
, AllowFormattingCells:=True, AllowFormattingColumns:=True, _
AllowFormattingRows:=True, AllowDeletingRows:=True,
AllowFiltering:=True
ActiveWorkbook.Save

"Don Guillett" wrote:

It might be nice to see the macro?