Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protection settings not holding

I have a worksheet that I only want a few cells to be edited so I went
in and unlocked a few cells then protected the worksheet. On my
machine it works great, but when I e-mailed it to a friend he tried it
and the whole worksheet is non-selectable.

The problem that when I go to protect the worksheet, I'm given the
option of picking and choosing what I want to protect and I checked the
the "select unlocked cells" box then saved the file. When the other guy
opens it back up, the protection settings change to how he has it set up
on his machine and the "select unlocked cells" is not checked, therefore
he cannot type in the cells like I want.

Does this sound right that the protection settings are computer
dependent instead of worksheet dependent, and is there an easy way to
make my settings hold?

Thanks for the help.

--
the_real_ptb
the_real_ptb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37545

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think I have it figured out. Looks like I had an autorun on open
macro that was changing the settings. Please disregard.