Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eric C.

Default Worksheet protection is gone and only wokbook protection can be se

The protection menu has changed and I cannot protect just a worksheet. Only
"Protect Workbook" and "Protect and Share Workbook" options are available.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Hi Eric

Try to reset your menubar

ViewToolbars...Customize
Select the worksheet menu bar and click on reset

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Eric C." <Eric wrote in message ...
The protection menu has changed and I cannot protect just a worksheet. Only
"Protect Workbook" and "Protect and Share Workbook" options are available.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eric C.

Default Worksheet protection is gone and only wokbook protection can b

It did not work. Could it have changed because of an automatic update?

"Eric C." <Eric wrote in message ...
The protection menu has changed and I cannot protect just a worksheet. Only
"Protect Workbook" and "Protect and Share Workbook" options are available.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eric C.

Ron,

I found a fix. I added the "Protection" toolbar (must be a new addition)
and it had it there. The ToolsProtection menu still does not show the
"worksheet protection".

Thanks for your help.
-Eric

"Eric C." <Eric wrote in message ...
The protection menu has changed and I cannot protect just a worksheet. Only
"Protect Workbook" and "Protect and Share Workbook" options are available.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Try this Eric

Maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file *normal* size is < 30 kb.
The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.

1. Close Excel
2. Do a search for .xlb in Windows (Use: search hidden files and folders)
3. Rename or delete the .xlb file or files (In 2002 the name = Excel10.xlb)
4. Start Excel

Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system
Excel will create a new one for you.
(You lost your customization remember that)

If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others
this file is important (backup it so you can restore it)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl