Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Stock query can't pull more than 10 years of data

Hello!

I'm not sure where I should ask this, but thought I'd try here to see
if anyone knows what's up.

My spreadsheet has always been able to pull down 30 years of monthly
data (if available) using MSN's stock quote addin. Just recently, I
started getting errors and the spreadsheet would bomb on the query
itself.

So I went to MSN to verify that the data was there and, lo and behold,
no you can no longer retrieve more than 10 years of data.

Does anyone know if this is a permanent change from MSN or if they
have a problem? It's been about 2 weeks at least now. When you're
on one of those chart pages, at the bottom there's a contact us link
that really is a little questionnaire. I've filled it out 2x and
asked about this in the comments section and given my email address,
but nobody's gotten back to me and I'm doubting they will.

So ... anybody? Or if you know of a better place to post this
question, I'd be happy to take it there.

I'd like to know if it's permanent before recoding my spreadsheet!

Thanks!

Kathy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Don!

I have been there! Randy Harmelink told me about it at the Motley
Fool. I believe MSN's data is not dividend ajusted while Yahoo's
is. Actually, I wouldn't mind having both, but I don't want to play
with the sheet right now if I don't have to because I'm in the middle
of another project and don't have a lot of time.

If I have to change over I will, but I'd rather have MSN give us back
access to a longer history!

Thanks,
Kathy

On Mar 17, 6:07 pm, "Don Guillett" wrote:
You can goto the yahoo xltraders group and download my free file or ask me,
OFF LIST, and I will send a copy. It does what you want using Yahoo and even
graphs it.
GetYahooMultipleHistory97a

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"KathyC" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried to send it direct to you but got the "added to list" which I DON'T
do.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software