Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pull parameter from worksheet for External Data Query to SQL Datab

I have a query to an SQL database that runs through an ODBC link. I want two
parameters pulled form cells filled in by the user to me used as parameters
in the query.

For example CELL C1= month and F1 = year

in external data query ...

where month(table.field) = CELL-C1 and year(table.field) = CELL-F1.

Can I do this?

I've read all about a parameterized query but "parameters" is not enabled
for external data.

What am I missing?