Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Highlighting duplicate entries

Hi
I am hoping someone can help me. I am about to fill a spreadsheet with data
and i have a problem. There will be about 8 columns but what i need to do is
highlight where there are multiple pairs of data. Not if say column 5 has
multiple names but where column 5 has a name and column 8 has a name. I need
to highlight any rows there the same two names occur in these cells. I would
like this to search automatically as there will be thousands of names. I need
to be able to do it comparing columns 5-6, 5-7, 5-8, 6-7, 6-8 and 7-8 but I
assume I just copy the same formula accross. Can anyone help me please. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike
Thank you for your quick reply but having read through this sheet, it
only seems to show how to tag up or highlight multiple entries in one column,
not if the names in 2 cells in a row are repeated through a spreadsheet.
e.g

a b c d e f
1 dave helen matt seb laura
2 tom neil gavin dave matt
3 neil helen Seb leo Laura
4 matt helen Leo Laura Dave

If comparing col C/F, It would flag up 1 and 3 as having duplicates in those
cells but not 4 as only Helen is repeated, not helen and laura. Hope you see
what i mean. Thanks