Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Mike is offline

Default Highlighting duplicate entries

Methods galore here

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

Mike

"Seb Warmoth" wrote:

Hi
I am hoping someone can help me. I am about to fill a spreadsheet with data
and i have a problem. There will be about 8 columns but what i need to do is
highlight where there are multiple pairs of data. Not if say column 5 has
multiple names but where column 5 has a name and column 8 has a name. I need
to highlight any rows there the same two names occur in these cells. I would
like this to search automatically as there will be thousands of names. I need
to be able to do it comparing columns 5-6, 5-7, 5-8, 6-7, 6-8 and 7-8 but I
assume I just copy the same formula accross. Can anyone help me please. Thanks