Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FC FC is offline

Default ACTING OUT DROPDOWN LIST ( OR DROPUP)

DOES SOMEONE KNOW WHY ONE OF MY DROPDOWN LIST OPENS UP INSTED OF DOWN?
I'LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A CHOICE TO OPEN THEM DOWN OR UP. HOW?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you live on the north or south of the equator??

Sorry couldn't resist...smile!

"FC" wrote in message
DOES SOMEONE KNOW WHY ONE OF MY DROPDOWN LIST OPENS UP INSTED OF DOWN?
I'LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A CHOICE TO OPEN THEM DOWN OR UP. HOW?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think even the likes of Albert Einstein would have trouble
establishing a point that is "east of the equator"!!! <bg

As for the dropdown(up) box, I think that is just a part of the
windows screen management system. If there is not enough
room below the base point it displays it upwards. (not said
with any great authority)

Back to east of the equator, that sounds like a great name
for a book; Now if I could just come up with a story........???

Regards
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FC FC is offline

Hi Martin, thats what I think it is, but it will be nice to know for sure in
order to be able to open it up or down.Another thing interesting is this : if
you click with your mouse does not mean you are actually doing the function
until you unclick, so it should not be called just click. TRANSLATION : If
you ( meaning anyone reading) paid attention I wrote East of the ecuator (
the country ) not the equator, on purpose to get everyone attention like I
did. Got cha !

"MartinW" wrote:

I think even the likes of Albert Einstein would have trouble
establishing a point that is "east of the equator"!!! <bg

As for the dropdown(up) box, I think that is just a part of the
windows screen management system. If there is not enough
room below the base point it displays it upwards. (not said
with any great authority)

Back to east of the equator, that sounds like a great name
for a book; Now if I could just come up with a story........???

Regards
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi FC,

Almost worked! The country is Ecuador with a d. <bg

With the click bit the dropdown box just shortcuts your
data input, it still has to be entered just like any other cell.

Regards
Martin