Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formating Question

I have some cells that are conditionally formated to fill Blue, Green, or Red.

Is it possible for a macro or a formula to tell me the count of cells that
are Blue, Green, and Red over a given range of cells ?

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

carl

The normal methods of determining the colorindex of a cell won't work with cells
colored by CF.

Can be done via VBA

See Chip Pearson's site for code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

Might be easier to do a COUNTIF or similar on the conditions that created the
colored cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 07:45:16 -0800, carl wrote:

I have some cells that are conditionally formated to fill Blue, Green, or Red.

Is it possible for a macro or a formula to tell me the count of cells that
are Blue, Green, and Red over a given range of cells ?

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank You. I am not sure can do what I need. Basically I need to count the
number of cells in a range that are CF'ed Blue, Green. How can I use this
code to help me do that ?

"carl" wrote:

I have some cells that are conditionally formated to fill Blue, Green, or Red.

Is it possible for a macro or a formula to tell me the count of cells that
are Blue, Green, and Red over a given range of cells ?

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Carl,
My mistake: refer to the site that Gord pointed to in his reply:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

Use the CountOfCF function:

=CountOfCF(A1:A20,3)

will give count of RED cells in range A1:A20