Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
magoobee

Default Easy Conditional Formating Question

I'm trying to compare a cell to another cell. If the cell that I'm
setting up the conditional formating is greater than or equal to the
other cell then I want the font to change color.

I used "Cell Value is" "great than or equal to" "=j4" j4 is the other
cell and selected red for the font color but it does not change color.

--
magoobee
magoobee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21581

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim May

Use the FormulaIs option, not CellValueIs
With A1 active, Format, CD.. FormulaIs
=A1J4
Select color (pattern)
OK out

"magoobee" wrote in
message ...

I'm trying to compare a cell to another cell. If the cell that I'm
setting up the conditional formating is greater than or equal to the
other cell then I want the font to change color.

I used "Cell Value is" "great than or equal to" "=j4" j4 is the other
cell and selected red for the font color but it does not change color.

--
magoobee
magoobee's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=511370

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim May

Make that:
=A1=J4

"Jim May" wrote in message
Use the FormulaIs option, not CellValueIs
With A1 active, Format, CD.. FormulaIs
=A1J4
Select color (pattern)
OK out

"magoobee" wrote in
message ...

I'm trying to compare a cell to another cell. If the cell that I'm
setting up the conditional formating is greater than or equal to the
other cell then I want the font to change color.

I used "Cell Value is" "great than or equal to" "=j4" j4 is the other
cell and selected red for the font color but it does not change color.

--
magoobee
magoobee's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
magoobee

Thanks I found if I just removed the quotes my original formula worked.