arifnj

Default Conditional formating using formulas

Hi everyone
Does anyone know how to create formulas to display the word "High" in the
color blue (bolded) with profit margins over 40%?
I know how to apply conditional formating, but it asks to apply conditional
formating to different cell, not the cell that contains profit margin
information.
For example:
Column A contains information about profit margins, but I need to apply
conditional formating to Column B.
Please help me, I am getting crazy:(
Bob Phillips

Add High to each row in column B, in blue bolded

Select those cells, say B1 down) and then in CF, use a formula (change
condition 1 ) of =$A1<=.4, and format the text with a font colour of white

--

HTH

RP

"arifnj" wrote in message
Hi everyone
Does anyone know how to create formulas to display the word "High" in the
color blue (bolded) with profit margins over 40%?
I know how to apply conditional formating, but it asks to apply

conditional
formating to different cell, not the cell that contains profit margin
information.
For example:
Column A contains information about profit margins, but I need to apply
conditional formating to Column B.
Please help me, I am getting crazy:(

arifnj

Thank you Bob
I tried this and did not work
I will write down the whole thing

in column A I have
64%
40%
30%
-15%

In column B display the word "High"in the color blue (bolded) with profit
margins over 40% , "Low" in the color black (bolded) with profit margins
between 0% and 40% inclusive , and "Loss" in the color red (bolded) with
profit margins below 0%.

Thank you

William Horton

This issue will require 2 steps. First in column B for each row place the
following formula:
=IF(A20.4,"HIGH",IF(AND(A2=0,A2<=0.4),"LOW",IF(A 2<0,"LOSS","")))
Next for each cell in column B apply the following conditional formatting:
Condition 1 - cell value is equal to HIGH -format BLUE & BOLD
Condition 2 - cell value is equal to LOW - format BOLD
Condition 3 - cell value is equal to LOSS - format RED & BOLD

These 2 steps should accomplish what I think you want.

Bill Horton

"arifnj" wrote:

Thank you Bob
I tried this and did not work
I will write down the whole thing

in column A I have
64%
40%
30%
-15%

In column B display the word "High"in the color blue (bolded) with profit
margins over 40% , "Low" in the color black (bolded) with profit margins
between 0% and 40% inclusive , and "Loss" in the color red (bolded) with
profit margins below 0%.

Thank you

arifnj

Thank you very much