Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Drop Down List

I've created drop down lists using data validation and a silly but annoying
thing is that when I click a cell to drop down the list, the list scroll bar
is at the bottom. This is counter-intuitive--you would expect to find
yourself at the top of the alpha list, not at the bottom of it. So I find
myself scrolling to the top of the list (alpha order)...an extra step.

What am I missing?

TIA,

Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The drop down list automatically scrolls to the selection that appears in
the cell. If the selection cell is empty and you have empty cells at the
bottom of your list source then that's what happens. Define the source to
exclude any empty cells at the bottom of the source. Or, if you want the
empty cells for some reason, put them at the top of the source.

If you're using a dynamic range source then it might be calculating the
incorrect size of the range and including empty cells at the end.

Biff

"Karen" wrote in message
I've created drop down lists using data validation and a silly but
annoying
thing is that when I click a cell to drop down the list, the list scroll
bar
is at the bottom. This is counter-intuitive--you would expect to find
yourself at the top of the alpha list, not at the bottom of it. So I find
myself scrolling to the top of the list (alpha order)...an extra step.

What am I missing?

TIA,

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FC FC is offline

THE DROPDOWNLIST OPENS WHERE YOU LEFT IT LAST TIME YOU USED IT , IN THIS
CASE YOU PROBABLY HAVE AN EMPTY CELL IN BETWEEN. TRY IT, LET ME KNOW.