Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countif when the give or take a couple...

I'm trying to write an equation that will provide a yes or no statement if
the value between two cells is equal or less than three.

This is what I'm trying but it's not working....=IF(S2<=R2-3, "Yes", "No")
Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You haven't told us in which way it isn't working, and sadly for some of us
our clairvoyant powers are limited.

What values are in R2 and S2 respectively? Are you sure that these cells
contain numbers, not text? No spurious spaces?
What value does your formula return?

If you are looking for R2 and S2 to be within 3 of each other in either
direction, you could use =IF(ABS(R2-S2)<=3, "Yes", "No")
--
David Biddulph

"Bill D. Toronto" wrote in message
I'm trying to write an equation that will provide a yes or no statement if
the value between two cells is equal or less than three.

This is what I'm trying but it's not working....=IF(S2<=R2-3, "Yes", "No")
Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're looking for, but see if this
works.

=IF(ABS(R2-S2)<=3,"Yes","No")

If the two cells (R2 and S2) are within 3 of each other, then "Yes" is
returned.

HTH,
Elkar