Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jan Jan is offline

Default EXCEL LOGICAL FORMULA, PLEASE HELP!

In one column I have like 2000 email addresses my potential clients
and some of them do not want to receive any emails at all. So I have
about 10 email address that I can not send to. Can someone please help
me with a formula that will eliminate all of those restricted (10
emails) addresses from that main column?
Thank you.
Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1) delete them
2) move them to another column
3) use a helper column with 0, 1 (0 meaning do not email); use this to
filter on
4) change @ to % so the email goes no where
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Jan" wrote in message
oups.com...
In one column I have like 2000 email addresses my potential clients
and some of them do not want to receive any emails at all. So I have
about 10 email address that I can not send to. Can someone please help
me with a formula that will eliminate all of those restricted (10
emails) addresses from that main column?
Thank you.
Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

if your main list is in column A and you have a sub list for the ones you
want to remove in column C (C1:C10 for example)
in B1 enter
=if(iserror(vlookup(A1,C$1:C$10,1,0)),"",1)
copy down to the end of your data
select column B
use <data<Filter<auto filter
select 1 from the autofilter arrows
Select all the cells in column A next to a 1
delete or move as you wish.

In one column I have like 2000 email addresses my potential clients
and some of them do not want to receive any emails at all. So I have
about 10 email address that I can not send to. Can someone please help
me with a formula that will eliminate all of those restricted (10
emails) addresses from that main column?
Thank you.
Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jan Jan is offline

On Mar 6, 10:52 am, "Bernard Liengme"
wrote:
1) delete them
2) move them to another column
3) use a helper column with 0, 1 (0 meaning do not email); use this to
filter on
4) change @ to % so the email goes no where
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengmewww.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Jan" wrote in message

oups.com...

In one column I have like 2000 email addresses my potential clients
and some of them do not want to receive any emails at all. So I have
about 10 email address that I can not send to. Can someone please help
me with a formula that will eliminate all of those restricted (10
emails) addresses from that main column?
Thank you.
Jan

Thank you guys, you've helped me a lot.
Jan