Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to use large function?

Referring to the post in General Question

I get a list of numbers as show below
58,58,58,39,39,52,37,43,55,58,55,52.
I would like to the largest one, which is 58, and the second largest one,
which is 55, and the third largest one, which is 52. But when I use the
function large, which don't work the way I describe, and the first, second,
third largest numbers is still 58 in this lists.
Does anyone have any suggestion on how find the first largest number is 58,
and the second largest number is 55, and the third largest number is 52?
Thank you in advance
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming a header in Row1
A2 to A13 contain your data

To get unique values go to
Data Filter Advanced Filter select Copy to another location List
range: select your range including a header Copy to: select any blank cell.
I use (B1) in this case click Unique records only OK

Formula in C2: =LARGE($B$2:$B$7,ROWS($1:1))
Drag to copy from C2 to C4 ( the result will be 58,55,and 52)

"Eric" wrote:

Referring to the post in General Question

I get a list of numbers as show below
58,58,58,39,39,52,37,43,55,58,55,52.
I would like to the largest one, which is 58, and the second largest one,
which is 55, and the third largest one, which is 52. But when I use the
function large, which don't work the way I describe, and the first, second,
third largest numbers is still 58 in this lists.
Does anyone have any suggestion on how find the first largest number is 58,
and the second largest number is 55, and the third largest number is 52?
Thank you in advance
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

another way...

B2: =LARGE(IF(FREQUENCY($A$2:$A$13,$A$2:$A$13)0,$A$2: $A$13),ROW($1:1))

Drag to copy from B2 to B4