Michael

Default Using LARGE Function

Hi All
This one has me stumped.
I have a range of 40 cells. All cells have the default of 999 in them
When some of them have been populated I want to find the LARGEST of those
new numbers.
I have tried something like this

=IF(LARGE(B6:AO6,1)=999,"",LARGE(B6:AO6,1)<999))

which doesn't work.
Can you please point me in the right direction

Regards
Michael Mitchelson
Biff

Hi!

Array entered using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=LARGE(IF(B6:AO6<999,B6:AO6),1)

Biff

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi All
This one has me stumped.
I have a range of 40 cells. All cells have the default of 999 in them
When some of them have been populated I want to find the LARGEST of those
new numbers.
I have tried something like this

=IF(LARGE(B6:AO6,1)=999,"",LARGE(B6:AO6,1)<999))

which doesn't work.
Can you please point me in the right direction

Regards
Michael Mitchelson

Michael

Many Thanks Biff.
I was getting closer, but running out of hair.
Regards
Michael Mitchelson

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi All
This one has me stumped.
I have a range of 40 cells. All cells have the default of 999 in them
When some of them have been populated I want to find the LARGEST of those
new numbers.
I have tried something like this

=IF(LARGE(B6:AO6,1)=999,"",LARGE(B6:AO6,1)<999))

which doesn't work.
Can you please point me in the right direction

Regards
Michael Mitchelson

Biff

You're welcome.

That could also be accomplished using MAX if you're only interested in a
single value:

Array entered:

=MAX(IF(B6:AO6<999,B6:AO6))

LARGE will allow you to get the nth largest value.

Biff

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi All
This one has me stumped.
I have a range of 40 cells. All cells have the default of 999 in them
When some of them have been populated I want to find the LARGEST of
those
new numbers.
I have tried something like this

=IF(LARGE(B6:AO6,1)=999,"",LARGE(B6:AO6,1)<999))

which doesn't work.
Can you please point me in the right direction

Regards
Michael Mitchelson

Michael

Thanks Again Biff
Actually, the MAX function might apply better in this situation.
I'll give it a try.
--
Michael Mitchelson