Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mel Mel is offline

Default Date Formating

One of our users has an excle worksheet with three date columns all fomatted
as date. Formattig being used is 2/22/07 for example. However for all three
columns when you type in the required date of say 2/22/07 and hit enter, it
defaults to 01/00/00. It defaults to 01/00/00 in each cell for these three
date columns. How can I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mel Mel is offline

"Mel" wrote:

One of our users has an excle worksheet with three date columns all fomatted
as date. Formattig being used is 2/22/07 for example. However for all three
columns when you type in the required date of say 2/22/07 and hit enter, it
defaults to 01/00/00. It defaults to 01/00/00 in each cell for these three
date columns. How can I fix this?

Additionaly - One of my date columns are G196 however column J has a formula
of =IF(G196="",C196,0) and column L has a forumla of
=IF(H196="",C196,0)-IF(G196="",C196,0). Both column J and L affect my date
column G196.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mel writes:

One of our users has an excle worksheet with three date columns all fomatted
as date. Formattig being used is 2/22/07 for example. However for all three
columns when you type in the required date of say 2/22/07 and hit enter, it
defaults to 01/00/00. It defaults to 01/00/00 in each cell for these three
date columns. How can I fix this?

Format the cell(s) as "m/d/y"...

--
Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ) Houston, Texas
chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (TCI's 2006-07 Houston Aeros) AA#2273
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mel Mel is offline

"The Chief Instigator" wrote:

Mel writes:

One of our users has an excle worksheet with three date columns all fomatted
as date. Formattig being used is 2/22/07 for example. However for all three
columns when you type in the required date of say 2/22/07 and hit enter, it
defaults to 01/00/00. It defaults to 01/00/00 in each cell for these three
date columns. How can I fix this?

Format the cell(s) as "m/d/y"...

--
Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ) Houston, Texas
chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (TCI's 2006-07 Houston Aeros) AA#2273
LAST GAME: Chicago 8, Houston 0 (February 18)
NEXT GAME: Thursday, February 22 vs. Iowa, 7:05

I went ahead and changed the format to m/d/y... like you said. It did
change the format of the date but the date defaulted to 1/0/1900 instead of
the date I enter into the cell. I think a formula from another column is
affecting my date columns, but I'm not sure how to check or correct it??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mel writes:

"The Chief Instigator" wrote:

Mel writes:

One of our users has an excle worksheet with three date columns all fomatted
as date. Formattig being used is 2/22/07 for example. However for all three
columns when you type in the required date of say 2/22/07 and hit enter, it
defaults to 01/00/00. It defaults to 01/00/00 in each cell for these three
date columns. How can I fix this?

Format the cell(s) as "m/d/y"...

I went ahead and changed the format to m/d/y... like you said. It did
change the format of the date but the date defaulted to 1/0/1900 instead of
the date I enter into the cell. I think a formula from another column is
affecting my date columns, but I'm not sure how to check or correct it??

That's possible...and that date would be referring to a value of 0, so the
reference must be a cell whose value is calculated to be 0.

--
Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ) Houston, Texas
chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (TCI's 2006-07 Houston Aeros) AA#2273
LAST GAME: Chicago 8, Houston 0 (February 18)
NEXT GAME: Thursday, February 22 vs. Iowa, 7:05

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look at Tools/ Options/ Transition, and make sure you haven't got
"Transition formula entry" ticked, because if you have it will treat your
2/22/2007 as =2/22/2007, which is 0.01298701, 00:18 on the 0th of January
1900. Format your cell temporarily as a number to see whether that's what
you're seeing.
--
David Biddulph

"The Chief Instigator" wrote in message