Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
The Chief Instigator The Chief Instigator is offline

Default Date Formating

Mel writes:

"The Chief Instigator" wrote:

Mel writes:

One of our users has an excle worksheet with three date columns all fomatted
as date. Formattig being used is 2/22/07 for example. However for all three
columns when you type in the required date of say 2/22/07 and hit enter, it
defaults to 01/00/00. It defaults to 01/00/00 in each cell for these three
date columns. How can I fix this?

Format the cell(s) as "m/d/y"...

I went ahead and changed the format to m/d/y... like you said. It did
change the format of the date but the date defaulted to 1/0/1900 instead of
the date I enter into the cell. I think a formula from another column is
affecting my date columns, but I'm not sure how to check or correct it??

That's possible...and that date would be referring to a value of 0, so the
reference must be a cell whose value is calculated to be 0.

--
Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ) Houston, Texas
chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (TCI's 2006-07 Houston Aeros) AA#2273